Old 01-31-2012, 04:22 PM   #14
iGregory
Gunslinger, say thank-ya
iGregory began at the beginning.

Device: kobo, Asus Transformer, Coby Kryos
Kobo App on Transformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnypatch View Post
i have a asus transfomer tablet,,, can someone help me an tell me how to download books on it,,,, hopefully without usin my credit card, can i use kobo gift cards, or chapters gift cards??? someone help me please!!!!!!!
I just installed the Kobo app on my Asus Transformer. The cool part is that as soon as I put my account information in, it synced all my purchased books to it just like my Kobo. As for getting books onto it... You can use Chapters/Indigo gift cards -- they used to make you enter a credit card first, then apply the gift card, so your credit card would be bill $0.00... very dumb. Now you can just go to the gift card.

One issue I'm having, though, is that I'm running Ubuntu. On my Kobo (the standalone ereader) I can use Calibre to sync up all my rss/magazine feeds that I get. But I can't seem to get that to work on my Transformer running the Kobo app. I can dump the epub to the transformer and then import it using the Kobo app, but it would be nice if I could do it in one step.
iGregory is offline   Reply With Quote