View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 12:08 PM   #1
sparrowlight
Zealot
sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch as backup
New Kindles = no physical keyboard??

Hello all! Like many of you, I'm excited to see the new Kindle models in October (or whenever they are revealed). I've been using my K2 for two years and it's served me well. Though I debated upgrading to a K3, I can't justify it when the K2 still works perfectly.

Here's my concern. What are the odds that neither of the new Kindles will include a physical keyboard? I know there has been chatter of a touchscreen Kindle as well as a Kindle/Amazon Tablet. I have played with the new Nook Touch and confirmed my suspicions that I do not want a touchscreen ereader! Even with a smaller form factor and ease of use...I far prefer the K2's (and K3's) physical keyboard.

Now I'm debating whether the new Kindles will do away with the physical keyboard, in which case I wonder whether I ought to go ahead and buy a new K3 right now (or one of the refurbished models). Will the K3 form factor / hardware still be available, if only for a short time, once the K4 is announced? Just wanted to hear some thoughts.
sparrowlight is offline   Reply With Quote