View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 02:54 PM   #5
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie-Me View Post
thanks for info, love the comment, kovidgoyal , in the info, I have the Sony 700, I may return the Nook Color, trying to figure out why I bought it !!
I'm keeping my NookColor for just the subscription to Nat'l Geo alone because it is such a stunning job they did on that.

But it's quirky and the keyboard is almost unuseable for email replies because it's outrageously over-sensitive.

The web is fast though, for reading ... but that Nat'l Geo - I read that it's much more flexible and capable than the Zinio edition. At the resolution of the B&N, it's hard to beat. Makes the print version look drab and the paper print too light for comfort. Pinch zooming works well, and the Article Mode is easy to read too.

I don't plan to put hundreds of books on it - am using my Kindle most of my book reading (easier on my eyes). I have the NookColor brightness turned down to between 3-5% and I use Sepia mostly for the background color and it's really not bad. But the Kindle is a relief to get back to for the longer-form reading.
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote