View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 01:42 PM   #1
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Import/edit PRS-650/600 text memos directly from computer?

Hi, I'm a noob here, so I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post or if it should go into the developer sub-section.

I recently sold my PRS-600 with the intention of buying the PRS-650.

One feature I used a lot in my 600 was text memos. However, it was not possible (I think) to edit or import text memos from my computer using the Sony software. It was only possible to export the text memos from the 600 to my PC by copying and pasting the text memo contents into an rtf editor.

It occurs to me now that it might be possible to directly edit the text memos in the reader file structure (directly, and not via the Sony software). Possibly the text memo file format makes that impossible.

Anyway, my questions regarding the 650 are:

Is it possible to either:

1) Import or paste text directly into text memos via the Sony software?
2) Import text files into the 650 file tree to create text memos on the reader?
3) Edit the text memo files directly on the reader without using the Sony software?

I think this would be a handy feature. It would allow me to work on my own documents on the reader. And Sudoku would be fun.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote