View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 12:50 AM   #7
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Since B&N have been working on this for a while, I don't think an OMAP4 (Cortex-A9) processor is likely (Wiki: OMAP). I don't see how the reporter could have mis-heard OMAP, so I would expect an OMAP3 (Cortex-A8) such as the 3430 already used in year-old high-end smartphones. There are now faster OMAP3's than the 3430. All the Archos Android tablets, for example, are using OMAP3 processors, with the recent ones using 36xx versions.
That would sound more relative to this stage in the game.
I still would be very happy with the OMAP 3430 my Droid X runs an OMAP 3630 and it's insanely fast.

yeah the OMAP A9 would be like HOLY S##T that's powerful, I think they are going to use them in some upcoming dual core processor smart phones next year.

I just wished they would publish what's under the hood.
I can't wait to get my hands on one.

Last edited by boswd; 10-28-2010 at 01:14 AM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote