Thread: AluraTek Libre
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 08:40 PM   #14
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
jezebel I only had to authorize my Jetbook and Aluratek once via the ADE software. Then any epub/pdf book I purchase or obtain from the Public Library has to go through ADE and then transfered via ADE to my devices. You cannot just copy it from PC to ALP or JB even if the book is authorized at the PC level. The act of transfering the ebook to the device via ADE updates an xml log on the device IMO that is used by ADE on the device to authorize the e-book.

Note: When you connect the Aluratek Libre Pro (as well as the jetBook) via USB it has to be turned on. If you connect it when it is powered off it just charges the battery. You can power on the device while it is connected via USB and you should eventually see the "PC to e-book" image display and your device should show up as external media as well as recognized by the ADE software. If it doesn't try changing power management within the ALP to reflect "Never" and see if that makes a difference.

I use XP and Ubuntu on the same Netbook and occasionally only the internal memory registers and not the micro SDHC in an SD card adapter.

John

Last edited by jlg432; 06-24-2010 at 08:45 PM.
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote