Thread: AluraTek Libre
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 12:45 PM   #10
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
Best is a relative term. There will always be someone complaining about some feature or lack there of no matter which e-reader they have. These are basic e-reader that are quite flexible in what they can read as well as store.

I own both (jetBook and Libre Pro). Even with the same hardware there are differences between them at the e-reader software level.

I bought the Aluratek for it's ability to deal with PDF files in a maner that facilitates easy reading. I was also surprised that it displayed ePub files differently than the jetBook. The jetBook tends to convert it to a text base file thus allowing word searching within the open book.

It would have been nice if Aluratek had the T9 intuitive text entry system but I wonder if you need a built in dictionary database for it to work.

I do most of my reading on the Aluratek. I also like the serif font display.

The jetBook can do an excellent job of displaying PDF files along as the file has been formated for the 3" x 4" display (5" diag.). You can achive this by placing a text file into MS Word - change all the fonts to whatever you want to use and then save as a PDF file specifying paper size 3" x 4". Reduce your margins down to minimum and select ignore on generating the doc.

I read that here in the forum.

Over all I am very pleased with both - as for the lack of e-ink use - I don't care. It is still very readable and the page changes are fast and w/o the flashing effect. I usually end up charging over night every 2nd day depending on my usage.

John
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote