View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 09:27 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgabi View Post
One more thing. Chromebooks are fantastic solutions for schools, elderly people, or the ones who have no computer skills at all. My ageing mother used Windows, and I had to go and fix the "thing" quite often when she somehow managed to delete, or mix up things. A few times only a fresh install could bring back the machine :-( Now she (and me too) is happily browsing, messaging, watching videos, etc... Since she has a Chromebook, I never had to do anything, no problems whatsoever.
Oh, I completely agree with you. Unfortunately, when you run into a task which does require the ability to run apps locally, though, a PC becomes a useful tool to have. I feel the same way about my iPad that you do about your Chromebook - it's great for a very large percentage of the computing activities I do. For the same percentage that it can't do, though, I still rely on my laptop PC.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote