View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 10:55 AM   #74
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanghil View Post
HI guys
thank you for the great job
I have tried for a couple of hours but I can't have it working, so I am here to ask you some help
I have a kindle 3 Wifi with FW 3.4.1
I have jailbroken it with version 0.13.N (the last updated available, as far as I've found)

Everything was OK

Then I have followed instructions to ad an Italian voice to my kindle
The problem is I can't have the update_usertts_3r2 or even update_usertts_3r3 work on my kindle

I mean the correct bin file (update_usertts_3r2_k3w_install.bin) was put on home directory of my kindle
I have ejected and unplugged device
I have tried to update through [HOME] -> [MENU] > Settings -> [MENU] > Update Your Kindle procedure BUT the menu item is not available (it's light grey and not selectable)
Whitelist is ok: update_usertts is in and anyway I also tried to put the whitelist provided on voicepack repository

Same with version update_usertts_3r3_k3w_install.bin
If I restart kindle with update present i root directory, I get an error 3 and I need to restart with key "R", kindle restart but obviously no update was installed (bin file is deleted from root dir)

Is there any incompatibility with my version of kindle and or fw (3.4.1)?
Or I am missing some important step

I am not very skilled, I have installed jailbreak just today for the first time only on the Italian voice purpose

Thank you for your help
I had something similar happen with installing launchpad on my K3W with 3.4.1 firmware. You will need to use the software installer in KUAL to get this done. See the KUAL thread for details.

Dave
dhdurgee is online now   Reply With Quote