View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #30
cubemike99
Enthusiast
cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
I installed this today on my PW. Works great. Except of course the menu-items. Deleted all cp cmds in mount.sh and unmount.sh.

This is what I did (in that order):

1) I READ ALL POSTS FIRST in this thread

2) grab file in post #20

3) edit /mnt/us/extend/mount.sh and unmount.sh to remove the cp commands for .json (won't work on pw)

4) delete /mnt/us/extensions - no use on PW

5) do post #10. I did that right on the PW with
Code:
# dd if=/dev/zero bs=1024k count=100 >> /mnt/us/extend/optware.img
# resize2fs /mnt/us/extend/optware.img
100mb more should be fine.

6) now it is time to mount this with:
Code:
# /mnt/us/extend/mount.sh
7) grab file from post #24 and copy to where it needs to go

8) then I did:
Code:
# ipkg update
# ipkg upgrade
# ipkg install vim
Yay, syntax highlighting on demand in vi - essential.

And then the last thing I did was edit /etc/motd to add me a reminder that I should run /mnt/us/extend/mount.sh. No need for me to mount at boottime, only needed when actually logging in.

That should be all. This is now also supporting the PW.
Thanks so much for this info: I got all the included optware tools working fine. What I think might really powerful, though, is ipkg. The only question, though, is how compatible it is with the PW. I mean, vim and screen installed worked absolutely perfectly. However, when I tried to install python3, all its depends installed fine, but the python3 package itself hung during the "extracting data files to /" step (btw you only see this when using the ipkg -V 3 flag). Can anyone proffer any advice? I would *LOVE* python on my kindle.
cubemike99 is offline   Reply With Quote