View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 12:07 PM   #67
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I committed code that will do two things:

1) Ignore any user plugins that have the same name as a builtin plugin, so if a future calibre release gets a builtin plugin with the same name as a user plugin, the user plugin will be ignored. Not only that, the plugin will be silently uninstalled (this is for performance, so that the plugin zip file is not unnecessarily read at each calibre startup)

2) Popup an error message if a user tries to add a plugin with the same name as a builtin plugin

@kiwidude: I'd appreciate it if you could test these two changes as I am rather busy at the moment.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote