View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 08:17 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Paulo "The Alchemist" Coelho pirates own books to increase sales

Credits also to ricdiogo who reported the news first.

It's probably a safe bet to say that his publishers (one of them being HarperCollins) ain't going to be amused about this, but Paulo Coelho, author of the best-selling novel The Alchemist, decided to harness his talents as a pirate to spread his own books for free via BitTorrent. According to TorrentFreak, this "unusual" step helped him to radically increase hardcopy sales throughout the world:

Quote:
In 2001, I sold 10,000 hard copies. And everyone was puzzled. We came from zero, from 1000, to 10,000. And then the next year we were over 100,000. […]

I thought that this is fantastic. You give to the reader the possibility of reading your books and choosing whether to buy it or not. […]

So, I went to BitTorrent and I got all my pirate editions… And I created a site called The Pirate Coelho.
Links:
Thanks to "horseyride" for the tip!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote