View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 03:10 PM   #5
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
I have read somewhere that in PocketBook headquarters they can do that. It is just impossible (or perhaps undesirable from point of view of PocketBook company) for end user to do the firmware update.

Could you please, Anatoli, ask your Ukrainian partners if they could do something?
I am pretty sure some Cybook owners would be willing to pay for official PocketBook 301 firmware, even if it meant replacing the chip with firmware or whatever.

As far as I know, installing Pocketbook Firmware on CyBook technically impossible, until you made a special boot program changes the basic settings for the device, while a replacement of the chip. Pocketbook programmers write a program for Orsio, one of the clones Netronix, for CyBook this yet, and do not know yet, or German law setting a Firmware allowed. If the laws do not prohibit, and programmers will write such a program, it is quite possible that in the German or American service center can be installed on the Pocketbook Firmware CyBook.
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote