View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 02:06 PM   #47
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
New Humble Bundle is up, and it's for:

Humble Book Bundle Murder & Mystery Novels presented by Open Road Media, with offerings including backlist crime & adventure tales from the late Michael Crichton and Sweden's Camilla Läckberg, as well as sfnal hybrid technothriller novels from Greg Bear and William Shatner, and many more authors in assorted mystery/thriller subgenres. This seems to be more tilted towards thriller than mystery from the looks of it, though there does seem to be a decent amount of variety, and it's likely very good value for money, considering that ORM usually doesn't drop its titles below $1.99 on sale anyway.

Price is fluctuating a lot this early in, but it's currently under $8 for the better-than-average tier (no extra books added next week), and $15 for the top-tier. There's a total of 16 titles, which works out to less than a buck each, even for the top-tier.

This is probably an auto-buy for me. I already have the Läckberg and Bear books from previous sales, but I want to encourage ORM to keep offering DRM-free bundles (hopefully they'll do another SFnal one someday soon), and I don't mind getting a bunch of backlist thriller novels from reasonably prominent authors in their subgenre to do so.

Quote:
The Humble Book Bundle: Murder and Mystery Novels presented by Open Road Media

Hit the Open Road. How can you get loads of ebooks from Open Road Media at a pay-what-you-want price? No mystery there: just get this bundle!

Pay $1 or more for Sex and Violence in Hollywood, The 7th Victim, Gray Matter, The Ninja, and Deception.

Pay more than the average price to also receive Tek War, Florida Firefight, Die Easy, Pandora’s Temple, Pandora’s Clock, No Lesser Plea, and Easy Go.

Pay $15 or more for all of that plus A Swollen Red Sun, Quantico, The First Deadly Sin, and The Stranger.

Last edited by ATDrake; 05-18-2016 at 02:32 PM.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote