View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #29
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
I don't think I will be reading this adaptation, it doesn't interest me. But whether or not I want it is irrelevant. There are many books that I don't want, it doesn't concern me that they exist. What I want is that the original is available, and no adaptation is going to replace it. Thus I am unharmed by an adaptation, and I would only harm myself by allowing it to upset me.
Precisely. Does the existence of "West Side Story" damage "Romeo and Juliet" in some way? I seriously doubt that even the most rabid defender of Shakespeare could come up with a reason to suggest that it does.

Adaptations add to our cultural heritage, whether or not one personally chooses to partake of them.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote