View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #12
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
That was not a date that came from Kobo (it was in a Pocket release), so I don't think it's fair to blame them. It's also ambiguous enough that it could be read as available on the new Aura on that date and other devices later. My guess is that Pocket came up with that date themselves.
As Peter said, Kobo has NEVER given release dates for firmware.
I agree with you on the ambiguity. I was one of those who jumped around because of the short time before the next release and in retrospect I shouldn't have voiced that so loudly in the forum.
It makes sense to see the 13th as the start of the shipping and not a firmware release.

The good thing is still that the Aura won't be the only device with Pocket integration
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote