Thread: Lost Library
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 07:56 AM   #12
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
I have been using dropbox and calibre for years with no problems. How did you move your books to dropbox if you dont mind my asking. Just copying the calibre library to dropbox folder on your hard drive then pointing calibre to it should have worked like normal as it is just a normal folder.
I was wondering the same thing. There are some possibilities.

1. The library was on a drive that admittedly was having problems.

2. If a new drive was brought in it is possible that the metadata.db file was not fully sync'd to the cloud prior to replacing the bad drive.

3. If the final position of the library was sync'd to a new drive then it is possible that before the entire Dropbox was sync'd from the cloud to the local (new) drive that the OP opened calibre and thus stopped the syncing of the metadata.db file. Essentially creating a blank library.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Dropbox doesnt just upload the changes but the whole file so syncing email files might not be optimal but ebooks being so small its great for calibre.
I agree I've used Calibre in Dropbox for about 3 years without a hitch.

I've been using Calibre in my Copy.com cloud storage (see signature) for about 5 weeks and so far it works fine and I was able to get more free space than I was able to get via Dropbox. If I ever have a problem I'll report it here first but so far so good.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-22-2013 at 07:58 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote