View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #91
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Sometimes its the metadata that I want to modify - but first I have to get what's in the database into the book's copy of the .opf file. Pressing 'C' to do an ePUB to ePUB conversion will do that and it will create a 'backup'.

However, having said that, I do sometimes save a separate copy of the format outside of Calibre before editing it.
For updating the metadata, having Calibre do it alone causes a conversion. There is a much better solution. Use the Modify ePub plugin. That will allow you to update the cover and the metadata without doing a conversion. All that Modify ePub does it does without any converting. Modify ePub works very well. I use it all the time.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote