View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@GeoffR: Remember the discussion on multiple authors a week or so ago? It all related to parts in that.

The epubs have something like:

Code:
<dc:creator opf:file-as="Niven, Larry &amp; Pournelle, Jerry" opf:role="aut">Larry Niven</dc:creator>
The text part, "Larry Niven", is what the Kobo devices used for the author. How it uses this for sorting depends on the formatting. The cases I have seen and checked and hopefully remembered correctly:

- Larry Niven - sorts as "Niven, Larry"
- Niven, Larry - sorts as "Niven, Larry"
- Larry Niven & Jerry Pournelle - sorts as "Pournelle, Larry Niven & Jerry"
- Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle - sorts as "Pournelle, Larry Niven and Jerry"
- Niven, Larry & Pournelle, Jerry - sorts as "Niven, Larry & Pournelle, Jerry"
- Stephen Goldin, Mary Mason - sorts as "Goldin, Stephen, Mary Mason"

What it appears to be doing is using the last word before either a comma or the end of the name as the surname. For the multiple name examples above, I think the rest of the name works line that, but I don't remember if I have tried examples to prove it.

To get the sorting, at least for a single author, the same as in calibre, you would need to use a metadata plugboard to put {author_sort} in the author field. But, you are already playing with that to sort the multiple authors out.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote