View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #22242
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Desertblues, it sounds as if you don't have as much freedom as you would like on this trip. Please be careful, though, and enjoy what you can while remaining safe!
Thanks Betty. Keep strong and take care in all.

Sitting in my room on a Boat on the Nile, somewhat exhausted from sightseeing tombs and the likes. I have a view on the Nile, so no complaints. Tomorrow, in Luxor, we'll have our freedom once again. It is only in the region of El Mineya and Asyut that the police are obliged to protect us.
Reading Naguib Mahfouz' ' Akhenaten, dweller in truth', about this strange pharaoh who believed in the one and only god Aten instead of all different ones. And I finished Ken Follets ' The key to Rebecca'. Thanks for the suggestion; I loved this book.
It is fantastic to see all these sights.

In my cup: hot nescafé, after having drunk obscure Egyptian tea all day.
In my hand: nothing. We, the police and us, are going to dine on another boat in an hour.

(and an embarassing ride through a very crowded town, with a police car in front- lights and all- )
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote