View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #15
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conner View Post
Just copy the video file and program file to anywhere on the USB drive. Run it from SSH using the command shown in green in the first post. Or add that command to a shell script or launcher command.

So thers isn't a gui?. I could image you open this like a kindlet. Then browse for a file..

Anyway. How can we convert our video so it can play on this. Also Does sound work?
This is just the beginning. No sound yet. I have a video filter program for converting raw output from other sources to the format needed for this gmplay program, but it needs more features and more testing. And most raw video needs spatiotemporal smoothing filters to make it more eink-compatible.

There is no GUI yet. I am just "planting seeds" here, as mentioned in the second post above. Other people are working at the GUI level at this time. This can probably be integrated with a kindlet by passing request messages from the kindlet to native mode program such as gmplay, similar to how the K5 launcher menu works. Also, I have native mode GUI code in the works, which talks directly to the framebuffer and input event devices (keyboards and touchscreen).

The kindles can already play streaming sound using built-in programs. We just need to integrate that with code from my gmplay program, and add some audio/video sync code.

It is all just a matter of time -- LOTS of time...

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-05-2012 at 02:26 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote