View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 08:48 AM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by N00ter View Post
Above was a quote from the stylesheet css. Here is a quote from one of the paragraphs that has the screwed up spacing. Maybe something in here will make sense to some of your more trained eyes:

Sorry if I'm sharing information you all don't need. I know my way around HTML just a bit, but this is my first time really digging through the code of my ePub file before.
That is some really bad code.

Code:
<body>
<p class="ChapterNumber">11</p>
<p class="ChapterTitle">Revolutions in American Religion and Society:<br/>the Shadow of Civil War</p>
<p class="OpeningParagraph">Christianity was a highly pervasive feature of the dynamically changing nineteenth-century American society, helping to mould its national cultural values, yet it was competed over and divisive territory. The freedom which Americans enjoyed to practice the religion of their choice did not bring greater tolerance, but a diversity of approaches to the interpretation of Christian teaching and models of Christian practice. The first Amendment deregulated religion, but made no attempt to establish what ‘the’ religious truth was, and as the nineteenth-century progressed, a multiplicity of claims about it were unleashed. A free market in religious opinion followed, with religion hawked across the land like any other product in the years before the American Civil War.<a class="calibre23" href="../Text/ePub%20Version_split_043.htm#_ftn632" id="_ftnref632" title=""><span class="calibre24">[632]</span></a> Many had their own vision of what godly America would look like, with little prospect that those visions would be united through compromise or consensus.<a class="calibre23" href="../Text/ePub%20Version_split_043.htm#_ftn633" id="_ftnref633" title=""><span class="calibre24">[633]</span></a> Over the big issues confronting America, such as the role of women in society, or slavery, the churches had much to say, but it was often delivered by means of diametrically opposing arguments, usually based on varying interpretations of the Bible.</p>
That is somewhat better looking now.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote