View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 09:43 PM   #5
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozworth View Post
Sorry,I'mnotup on all the terms yet...LRF...if you mean convert it to BBEB file format - I just imported the Word doc right into the library.
So you haven't actually converted the book to the sony format (LRF/Bbeb). This would involve using a conversion program such as Calibre or Book Designer.

You think that you have converted your PDF to Word and loaded the Word Doc into the ebook library software. That's ok. The Reader will automatically convert the DOC into RTF, which can be rather unwieldy. But 29 MB is excessive, and leads me to suppose that you may have inadvertently converted to images of some kind..

Therefore, it's worth checking to see exactly what you have done.
1. Look at the document you converted. What is the file extension? (.doc, perhaps?) When you open the file in the ebook library software, what exactly does it list under 'file type'?
2. How exactly did you do the conversion?
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote