View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAMan View Post
Hmm... This could be almost easily written to /etc/hosts of Kindle itself.
I mean make DNS records that resolve to those IPs point to 127.0.0.1 instead
You could, just depends on the impact you want to have on your system.
And what sort of maintenance you want to put up with.
Any change you make on the Kindle itself requires access (called here: Jailbreak) and may be wiped out at any time. Either by an update or remotely.

Doing it external to the Kindle keeps things under your control.
Note: (p1) means "part 1".

Quote:
And you could plug 3G back then
I am not ready to take a position on that (yet).
My feeling is that GSM uses its own device addressing/naming conventions, not the Internet DNS.
That feeling is based on going over how OpenBTS works (a 'provider side' GSM system):
OpenBTS

Quote:
BTW, did you identify which of addresses was used by KT for what?
A few of them, such as the net-range to which the log files are transmitted and the net-range the twice a minute 'trace-route' function is being done.

Some will take a bit more digging. I have found my Chatty Kathy holding open, and using, two TCP/TLSv1 connections at the same time.

In my first post, I just brute forced the situation without taking the time to do something a lot more elegant.

The reference materials, raw packet captures, and decoded packet capture summaries will be publicly available on my home web-site, KnetConnect.com someday, RSN.

Readers will be able to invent a solution that suits them based on the raw data.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote