View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
My favorite authors make more from me now

I have one whole wall of my living room covered in books. And I read voraciously.

So I should be a good moneymaking customer for the authors I choose. Sadly only about 5-10% of the books on my shelves were purchased new. Most were picked up at used book stores, flea markets and garage sales.

I would like my favorite authors to make more money, but the financial reality with the amount of books I read is if I have a choice between a a $3-$5 version to read instead of a $10 to $25 version, I will choose the lesser one.

I'm sure many people are like me. And the authors make nothing on the purchase I made.

But ebooks give me another opportunity to reward my favorite authors.

There won't be used versions in the bookstores and they can bring back the hard to find out of print books. And the costs will eventually be less if the publishing companies learn to adapt to the marketplace. If not, there are a ton of great new authors publishing independently at good prices for me to try out. And many established authors are publishing their back lists themselves and earning a higher income from each sale.

So lower cost per book for me and higher profits for authors.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote