View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 12:21 AM   #20
AndyfromVA
Zealot
AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook 1E, K3, K4, Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyfromVA View Post
I tried out the Kindle 3 today at my local Staples. I just loved the speed of the page turning - wonderful. I also liked the K3's Pearl screen.

But I didn't care for the tiny page turn buttons. They are way better than the buttons on the Nook, but I use page swiping almost exclusively and using the K3's buttons seems like a throwback. The keyboard was kind of interesting, though I don't think I'd use it much.

The K3's speed of operation is its biggest advantage over the Nook, in my opinion. I'm waiting to see if the upcoming firmware update for the Nook brings its speed close to that of the K3. Then I'll make up my mind whether to buy a K3.
The Nook firmware update 1.5 is out. The Nook now has lightning page turns, sorting capabilities, better battery life and more contrast. In short it now does everything I liked about the Kindle 3. So I now have $139 to spend on other electronic gizmos.
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote