View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 05:50 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
I am looking at buying my first ebook reader sometime in February or March, and I'm looking at both the EZ Reader Pocket Pro and the Sony Pocket. I am a little confused about the firmware upgrades offered by Astak. If I bought a new Astak reader, would I need to install all of the firmware updates? Or is there a list as to which updates provide different fixes? Or would I just install the latest? I guess I don't quite understand what firmware is, or why it is needed. Sorry for my dumb questions.

Thanks.
Firmware updates are almost always a Total replacement, so the simple answer is install the latest (which has been traditionally, the only one Astak has on their firmware list).
My personal recommendation, is that you keep a well labeled copy of all versions on your PC in case your favorite feature takes a giant step backwards .
You can roll back by simply loading the older version.
I think the special, "Asian language support" (if you need it)is the exception to the only replace the using the latest update by itself rule.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote