View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 02:47 PM   #29
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Ah, I forgot about that section. Sorry for my density.

Yes, FFDL could be moved to the Deprecated part of the index now.

My understanding is that the Plugin Index thread is only read by humans now--it isn't read by Calibre directly any more to get updates.

(I know I gave up on asking for the index to be updated for my plugins over a year ago because I couldn't find out who was responsible for it after kiwidude.)
Hmm. My understanding is that the plugin index is needed for everything except version information, which I think is extracted directly from the plugin when scraping the individual threads. Saves having to update the index unless new plugins appear, but you'd still have to manage other metadata updates there.

Speaking of which, theducks -- FanFictionDownloader is correctly showing up as deprecated, but you should also add the "Uninstall" metadata to FanFicFare -- see Kindle Collections, KindleUnpack, Goodreads, Moly_hu, etc. for examples.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote