View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #77
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin-c View Post
Whereas I assume it will temporarily replace the time.
And if you get a message that you don't want to reply to? Will the time be replaced until you read the message, or will the message disappear after some time?

Quote:
And yes, most (not all, but most) of the names in my contact list are identifiable within the 1st 5 characters. Pure chance, maybe, but the determinant, IMO, is whether the chance is greater that they will or that they won't be identifiable in a limited number of characters. Based purely on my experience I'd say the chance is that they will be.
I have friends and relatives with the same first names so this would be impossible for me, and in the case of work related contacts, I might not even know the name of the person but I can see from the email address which company they work for so I would need around 20 characters.

Quote:
But I'm not determining whether or not the message is important, I'm determining whether or not I want to answer it. I generally make that determination on who it's from, not what it's about. So that's me-I suppose other people have other criteria.
We were talking about determining whether or not the message is important enough for a person to pull the car over and answer immediately.

Quote:
I definitely agree with you about this. If the screen on a smartwatch lights up to display a message then you should probably turn it off in a cinema just as you should turn off your phone there. People won't, I'm sure-but that's why I'd design the watch with an LCD screen. Do you know which this watch has?
You lost me here. You don't think that LCD screens light up?

Quote:
IMO a smartwatch would be as much part of a phone as a headset would be so I'll score this one a clear miss.
And you lost me here as well. What is your objection to carrying two devices? I was assuming that it had to do with having to carry two different pieces of equipment, but apparently that isn't it so what is the objection?
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote