Thread: Glo Bad battery?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 08:11 PM   #1
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Bad battery?

I've had my Glo for a month minus a day. I didn't use it much the first week, then charged it for the first time in the second week (was necessary, I let it go completely empty), and had to recharge it in the third week (empty again) which I found odd. Then the fourth week, the battery was dead again. So I'm keeping an eye on the battery charge percentage this time. So far, the battery is decreasing with 1% per hour in standby mode (!).

This means it will only last just over 4 days if I'm not even using it, while the battery is advertised to last 1 month without light. Before the last charge I reset the device and kept sideloaded books off to be sure it's not due to a faulty epub. All that's on there is a couple of kepub previews and one kepub that I'm currently reading. Light is on when I use the device and thus the memory knows the light should go on when I wake up the Glo (would this matter in battery usage?). Also, Wifi is off (not that it would matter in sleep mode), and listening for sleep cover magnet is also off.

Does my Glo have a faulty battery or could a kepub be messing about? The previews I had on my Touch as well with no problem; the regular kepub book I'm reading is new. I think I might throw that off now (stop the sync/delete from account) to test. Using latest firmware, 2.3.1, loaded regularly with wifi sync. Any feedback and thoughts welcome. Thanks.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote