View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Just for the heck of it and being the weekend and being the end of the year, not that much is happening, I upgraded to 2.3.2 without doing my usual wipe back to factory, remove the SD card, upgrade.

Yarrghhh... The first book I opened came up in flyspeck font size but the page numbers on the side were in the normal font size. Hmmm... looks very familiar.

Okay, remove SD card, wipe to factory, setup using desktop, copy over 2.3.2 upgrade files, fonts and Adobe folder. First book looked okay. Read about 4 chapters, used power switch to put into sleep mode. Oh-oh. Sleep mode displays a blank white screen. Needed to hold power button for about 15 seconds to force power off and then hold it for a couple of seconds to power on. Came back up looking okay and now goes to sleep normally. Using a magnet to simulate a sleep cover had the KG going into sleep mode with the magnet near the lower right corner of the screen and waking up when it was removed.

Time for font testing. Avenir, Gill Sans and Kobo Nickel still show bold where italic should be. OTOH, the copy of Gill Sans from an earlier firmware edition with the font name changed to Gill Sans2 to differentiate shows italic. Open Dyslexic still looks like crap.

<<Removed comment about characters going missing in Charis SIL. The regular font file as copied to the KG showed a different MD5 checksum from the one on my computer. Recopied, power cycled the Glo and font looks okay now.>>

So far about 10 chapters read and no flyspeck font size. Otherwise, not much reason to switch.

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 12-22-2012 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Removed error
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote