View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 10:54 AM   #57
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author
DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fujitsu P1510 ( Old & Clunky! )
Hi APK,

Yes, I am a regular member of the KSP Spec Fic Writer's group in Mundaring, Western Australia. They have spawned quite a few well-published authors in time and have some exceptional talent. I traded many crits with other writers during the writing process.

When I started out writing, I thought it was a case of finish the book and someone will want it. After speaking to many writers I learned the harsh truth about how difficult it is to find a publisher or agent.

If Turing Evolved is successful, perhaps it will make it a little easier to find one. Or maybe not? I would very much like to see it in print, but I realized when I self-published that it will probably never become a p-book.

I am still hopeful that word will spread, others will try it and more will talk of it. I guess I'm trying the writer's equivalent of publishing a song on youtube and at least I get the satisfaction of knowing others are enjoying my work. It's better than the story living and dying in the seldom-read slushpiles of publishing houses that are looking for something less original. Sometimes it appears in the strangest of places, tech forums and the like, bringing a new wave of readers, and a new wave of satisfaction at the response.

It makes the effort of writing it worthwhile

Regards,
David
DavidKitson is offline   Reply With Quote