Thread: the conversion
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 01:42 PM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
RE: PDF ebooks - not manga

MasterMX,

I haven't really gotten into manga or comix yet. However, I *DO* download PDF ebooks. And I've been porting several dozen of my favorite titles over to the PRS500.

I take the easiest way I know to do this. As I have Acrobat Professional, I open the PDF, save as HTML, open in BookDesigner and, after putting in page breaks at the start of each chapter, save to LRF. Works for me and I don't have to learn a new application. GAWD! Who *wants* to learn a whole new procedure! I've had to learn Paradox, MS Access, Delphi, C, C++, Visual Basic, Java, HTML, ASP, PHP, COBOL, RPG, MS WordBasic, Excel, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, FrontPage, Serif PagePlus, DrawPlus, GIMP InkScape and a vast array of other programs and languages! I do NOT want to have to learn any more than necessary!

No doubt they will develop a software app which will read my thoughts as I read a dead-tree book and transcribe direct to LRF format, some day. Until they do, I'll keep working on making my life as simple as possible. ;-)

Derek

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermx View Post
There are so many diffirent ways of Converting your files. And i have a load of PDF files and manga. There are allot of programs reccomended for use such as Rastafarian, Je-comics and other programs.

So first i wanna ask, about my Book PDF's should i just load them streight into my PRS-500?

(It hasnt arrived yet but i wanna have the upperhand by being organised before it arrives.)

And the manga, i am currently converting it into PDF through JE-comics. but should i us rastafarian and which settings should i use on it. Because when i use rastafarian and JE it seems as if it makes the lines jagged.

so i just wanna generally know what you guys do when converting your files.
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote