View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 10:18 AM   #669
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by stustaff View Post
If i buy a handwriting app, it will not let me use handwriting in the Email software or in safari or in iWork, I would have to use the keyboard.
Ok, point taken. I do miss not being able to use the WritePad HWR in other apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul1114 View Post
If a capacitive stylus works well for people with small and sloppy writing and there's apps that let me write on PDFs, books, word documents and everything else I mark up with pen and paper currently I'd consider one.
I'm quite impressed with how well the Pogo Sketch and WritePad work, actually. And I know Apple has handwriting recognition software in their portfolio (Ink). Perhaps if there's enough demand they'll release an update to the iP OS that will make use of it, especially on the larger models. Or maybe they'll use multitouch to recognize when someone has an imaginary stylus in their hand, as suggested in this article:

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/01/12/...and-much-more/
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote