View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 05:03 AM   #64
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
StoryBundle has a new offering for the next 3 weeks:

The Historical Fantasy Bundle curated by Lambda Literary Award and John W. Campbell Award winning author Melissa Scott (ISFDB, Wikipedia) is chock-full of an excellent selection of Exactly What It Says In The Title, and is an auto-buy for me.

I'm very pleased to see backlist works by Judith Tarr (ISFDB, Wikipedia), who is one of my favourite straight historical & historical fantasy authors, show up, as I've heard that she's been having financial difficulties in recent months (her only income is from her writing and she has rescue horses to take care of) and I've been meaning to get more of her stuff.

I've also enjoyed Jo Graham's (ISFDB, Wikipedia) Greek/Egyptian historical works in the past (her books in this are Napoleonic Wars and Great Depression). Heather Rose Jones (ISFDB) I "know" not from her actual fiction, but from the excellently informative non-fiction articles she writes for SCA-related historical recreation purposes (website), so I'm interested in trying her novel. And Martha Wells (ISFDB, Wikipedia), I actually refrained from buying the novel she offers in this during the Kobo 50% off coupon sale only because I already owned the hardcover. (Although I did get the short story collection offered at the bonus tier and probably I should have picked out one of her other novels to try instead, but eh, it was cheap and I figure she could use the extra money.)

The stories are set throughout history, from Ancient Egypt all the way up to the 20th century, and include tales that could have taken place in our timeline, as well as alternate ones where there are werewolves in the French Resistance of WWII. A few works with LGBT characters are included, if that might happen to be a point of additional interest.

$5 minimum gets you 5 novels (1 backlist from HarperCollins which was a Nebula nominee back in the day, 2 recent small press).
$15 top-tier gets 5 additional novels + 1 short story collection (2 backlist from Tor, 1 backlist from Baen, 1 recent small press).

Also, their Giga Game Bundle full of non-fiction titles, some about the history of games like Go and Dungeons & Dragons as well as the usual video game titles, and the Haikasoru Japan Sci-Fi Bundle endorsed by elaysee upthread are still available for the next week or two.

Last edited by ATDrake; 07-20-2016 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Additional info about contents.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote