View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 06:15 PM   #125
Anonymous64785
Anonymous64785 began at the beginning.

Device: RCA Tablet
Red face Kindle is better for reading...

I have a Kindle, older version, which has kept me company for years. Recently thought I would upgrade and stay dated by purchasing a Tablet. It has been the worse time-waster. I have spent 3 whole days, practically, and nothing gained except to discover Google might as well underwrite the device. Can't download Drop box, File explore, or anything and they won't show up on my Home Screen. Maybe my device is defective. I don't have any problem loading up files onto Google Drive. That's the problem. The screen layout even makes it difficult to sign into Drop Box, because the keyboard covers the sign-in box. This is the RCT6272W23 purchased at Walmart for only $79.00. What a waste of precious time. The more I delve into it, the more I discover all the proprietary apps Google has manufactured and which you need to learn about to use properly. Like Google calender, hangouts, training videos and training courses. Maybe if I was 12 years old and really really really bored! Seriously, don't invest in this Tablet. All I have is a portable tool for possible usefulness during travel. Otherwise, stick to the Kindle for some peace, quiet, and serious reading w/o all the lousy gimmicks! Seriously, I have to get research and writing done, and this is for the kids!
Anonymous64785 is offline   Reply With Quote