View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #22349
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
I have a rant today...

I have 2 kids with my ex. I have custody and he is supposed to pay $606 per month in child support. In the past 5 years I've received only a handful of payments spread out over the years. His outstanding amount is over $25,000. He's a carpenter and makes good money (at least $40,000). I know since I was with him for 5 years and ran the business. He has no problem taking the kids out to dinner, and to parties all over the place, camping every summer, etc. I've been in court fighting for my money for years. He even spent 6 months in jail for not paying, and still refuses to pay now. He's told me several times that he doesn't pay me because he thinks I spend the money on myself and not on the kids.

This morning at 8:30 he calls me asking to meet me so he can give me paperwork. Yeah, he gives me a motion to change his child support amount to $300! He states that he only makes $25,000 per year, which is bullcrap. He put on his list of expenses that he pays $227 in insurance/licencing fees per month...I don't see how since the government took his licence away 3 years ago for non-payment. He also listed $56 per month for clothes for the kids. Again, I don't understand how they would go through that many clothes in a month since they both have worn the same sizes for at least 6 months. My kids don't tear through clothing that fast. Also, if he says he can afford $300 per month on a $25,000 salary (which he claims he made every year for the past 3 years), then why not make those $300 payments every month over the last 6 years? There were 2 straight years that I didn't receive a dime from him. Then I get a $200-300 payment, then nothing again for another year.

Now I have to rush around to file an answer saying I don't agree with his motion at court, then serve him, then go back to court to file and affidavit of service showing I gave him the answer, all before April 10th which is the court date. I'm running out of breath just typing this out. I don't even understand how he he's allowed to serve me only 7 days before a court date. How am I supposed to organize a defence in that time?

Luckily we have a Family Law Information Centre at the court house that I can go to for free and ask legal questions, because I certainly can't afford a lawyer. I'm so upset today.

Sorry for going on. I just needed to get that out in the open.
That's tough!
amward is offline   Reply With Quote