View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 04:20 PM   #39
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
True.... and even though that focuses on USB stick boots it is "generally the right vibe"

: ) (see 2 mins 11 seconds for the BIOS version of the menu I describe below)

More generally:
  • boot machine
  • wildly slap at the function buttons (I would try F12 or F10 myself on a random "other persons" computer...
  • Choose "Boot From CD" assuming you have a machine new enough to have a bootloader menu

that is the route of least resistance and will work in many cases without BIOS diving.

Otherwise it is BIOS twiddling as illustrated above.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote