View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #8
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
I'm a casual consumer of entertainment. I have an antenna in my attic. I have DVR that records all my favorite shows. I have Netflix. I have my 300 (or so) favorite movies and series on DVD which I have ripped to a disk which is plugged into an SMP-N200. Most of the time, I just turn on the TV and watch something that is currently broadcasting. When that fails, I browse the archive of my DVR. When I am craving a specific movie or show, I fire up the smp-n200 and tune in Netflix or Crackle or play one of my ripped movies.

There is no way I put on a pair of pants and venture out to rent a movie. Am I alone in this?
You are not alone in this. I can't remember the last time I sought out a movie by leaving the house.

I, too, have antenna tv, both to my regular tvs and to my media center PC via a network tuner. I have a few of my favorite tv shows and several movies on DVD & also ripped to my media drive. I use Netflix for both streaming and DVDs but most of what I watch is on broadcast TV. My media center PC is my pride and joy.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote