View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 01:53 PM   #81
lexluthorxx
lexluthorxx began at the beginning.

Device: nextbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMan View Post
Ack, tried 2.2.2 firmware, and I had no videos that worked with it. So back to 2.1.3...

Few more video tests today.
Updated my Handbrake to v9.5 today for all these conversions.
Used default settings for the most part based on the Regular/Normal preset selection. Only had to select the proper codec under Video/Video Codec : MPEG-4 (FFmpeg).
For the conversions under Video/Quality, I would change the Avg Bitrate to whatever I was after at the time.

MP4
Used an episode of Rome, 720p MKV file, 1280x720.

Tested a few bit rates between 400 and 3000, and they all played fine. The only thing is it would take a little longer for the audio to sync back up if I would fast forward or rewind on the higher bit rate movies. But the audio would always sync back eventully.
I'm currently converting some fresh ones from my Family Guy dvd to MP4 with High Profile settings, will report back if there is anything new from that.

VOB
Tested some fresh VOB files off of a couple DVD's.
They were all at around 9000kbps and video was always way out of sync - a good minute or so off.
Tried VOB files from It's a Trap and an episode of Weeds.
I suspect that making them at around 3000kbps, they will play fine. I don't have any old DVD conversion software anymore to run better VOB tests, sorry.

Threw a few old Star Wars toy commercials on there, they are low quality MPG, about 400kbps, 160x120 and they played without a hitch.

Overall it seems the unit will play pretty much anything, within limit.

So the audio sync'd up? if you didn't ff ?
lexluthorxx is offline   Reply With Quote