View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 11:53 PM   #13
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by viviena View Post
Was thinking more of brand visibility. It was very easy for people to not notice a Kobo if one wasn't in the habit of visiting Borders or A&R. Sony was somewhat better. However, considering the ubiquity of Woolworths stores in particular, let alone Big W and Dick Smith (I understand it may vary for one's location), I can see Kindles achieving a similar ubiquity in the public consciousness. If the speculation that TedJ linked to is valid though, I like also that EPUB-based ereaders might be forced to become more competitive too.
Could not agree more. Kobo should choose another distributor for the Kobo in conjunction with running with Collins bookstores.

Simply selling their ereader in a bookstore with limited shop fronts does not expose the device to enough potential users.

As the Kindle will now exposed to a much bigger potential user base, Kobo will need to counter that to keep competitive.

Sony seem to run at their own pace and their own agenda so their policy of selling through their own stores (online and brick/mortar) and only through Myer will probably remain unchanged. I seriously do not believe they are too concerned at being overly competitive against the Kindle and Kobo.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote