View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #9
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie
ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: droid, kindle, kobo, eslick, sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddCosine View Post
I'm able to de-DRM and import POBI files I get from my Touch by changing the extension to AZW before importing them. They end up as MOBI files in Calibre. I don't know if the bits that make it a POBI survive the import though.
unfortunately that didn't work for us, calibre pulled it across from the paperwhite, listed it as a mobi file but when viewed, said that it is DRM'd. tried azw, azw3, mobi...

my husband just realized that amazon only keeps the 7 most recent issues of a periodical and that if an older issue is deleted from a device it's gone forever. he's resigned to the fact that he may have to go back to paper since these are not extremely popular except with other ministers.

I'll skim through AA's website this weekend and see if the issue has been brought up there.

will kindle unpack work if the file stays drm'd? any other thoughts or techniques that have worked?
ElizabethN is offline   Reply With Quote