View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #9
sgirsberger
Enthusiast
sgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheese

Device: iPhone, NOOK Color, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire HD
Thank you both, DiapDealer and mrmikel, for the down-to-earth discussion of the cons of EPUB3 for existing devices. Because 90% of the work I do involves designing textbooks that are currently destined for print first, with many graphics and specialized formatting, I'm beginning to work with fixed-layout EPUBs from InDesign CS6, and so it's my understanding that EPUB3 is a necessity for these, and it's more likely that they will be read on tablet devices. For the other 10% of books that I do, I will definitely stay with EPUB2.

The problems that I had were reasonably easy to solve, and helped me begin to recognize the difference between the two formats within the HTML/XHTML and CSS files.
sgirsberger is offline   Reply With Quote