View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 09:27 AM   #18
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
I've just tested the cssRemoveUnusedSelectors, RemoveInLineStyles and Kindle Import plugins with the Sigil 0.9.11 Windows version, and they all appear to be working fine.
Yes. We still left cssutils in the Windows/Mac bundled python environment. We may drop that in the future and just use the bundled css_parser instead. We can either have plugin devs whose plugins use cssutils switch their plugins to css_parser (it's the same api), or I can modify the plugin launcher/wrapper to hook any calls to cssutils and deliver css_parser instead. I'm leaning towards the latter. Mainly because modifying the plugins to use css_parser directly will immediately make those plugins fail on Windows/Mac versions of Sigil earlier than 0.9.11.

Linux doesn't use a bundled python for plugins and only needs to make css_parser (available from PyPI) a dependency (like lxml is) for it to be available to plugins. That will work with my plan to create an import hook in the launcher/wrapper as well. That way, there's nothing for plugin devs to do. Unless they want to start using css_parser directly, that is. Which they're free to do if they want to make Sigil 0.9.11 the minimum version that Windows/Mac users will need to run their plugins.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-17-2019 at 09:31 AM.