View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 04:36 PM   #1
thomasbelrod
thomasbelrod began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Nook, Ipad, etc.
Auto-correcting "Page-map.xml"

I'm using Sigil at the end of our QA process to clean up a couple of things in our Epubs, which are currently being put together by an outside vendor. As a press, we've decided to maintain the page breaks and numbers from our printed edition (we're an academic press). Adobe Digital Editions has an extension for doing this called "page-map," where the info is kept in an xml file. (I know that this is possible to do with NCX, too, but I'm fairly new here and this decision was made before my time. I'm working on changing it, so that we aren't married to ADE, but for now this is what we've got.)

However, when I open an epub in Sigil, the "page-map.xml" file is almost totally erased. All that remains are a couple of HTML tags. (I'm attaching "before and after" versions of this file so you can see.) While I can always just manually place the original XML file back into the Epub after working in Sigil, I'd rather just not have to worry about it. Is there a way to set Sigil so that it doesn't automatically wipe this XML file? (For what it's worth, Epubs won't open in ADE if the XML file is empty. I'm not a fan of ADE, but again...this is what we've got for now.)

---
Tom Elrod
UNC Press
Attached Files
File Type: xml page-map BEFORE.xml (35.1 KB, 482 views)
File Type: xml page-map AFTER.xml (257 Bytes, 316 views)
thomasbelrod is offline   Reply With Quote