View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 08:05 PM   #1
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
How can I tell if a purchased ebook can be converted or not?

I own a GEb1150 and a REB1200 which uses .imp files. I can convert just about anything, reformat files using macros, even turn PDF files into readable images - thanks to the wonderful programs and advise I've found here and in other ebook forums.

That said, I've ended up purchasing ebooks that I can't do anything with because they are proprietary and can't be converted. I have a couple that aren't even on my PC but are stored on the ebook site so there is no file for me to convert.

Sorry for the elementary questions but how can I tell if the book will actually be a file I have on my PC? I understand DRMed PDF files but the other formats are driving me crazy. I bought a book fro Mobiread that I can only open with their reader. Is there a way to add the book to one of mt readers or do I have to have one of their devices? Same with a Palm book I have. How do I know what I can buy that is able to be converted, manipulated, put on an Ebookwise reader? I'm afraid to but anything these days and honestly, Ebookwise and Fictionwise have a very small selection.

Help?
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote