View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 11:42 PM   #118
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I had a great time (especially once I was properly fed). Nothing better than a good meal and really good company. Poor Elsie won't be home until at least 10:00 (in another hour and a half or so). I went to Home Depot after (of course), and then to PetSmart (but they didn't have enough food to be worth the trip). However, the meet up was definitely worth the trip ... even the getting lost and running out of gas part.
Definitely worth the trip!

I got to my house at 10:20.

Speaking of running out of gas ...

I left home in my Honda Civic Hybrid with a full tank of gas. Drove to Austin with only one stop at a roadside Rest Area. Left Austin heading for Sanger. The "low fuel" warning light came on just north of the Texas Motor Speedway as I'm flying along I-35W on a 12 mile stretch with no gas stations. At this point there were two "bars" on the gas gauge. (There are about 10 bars at the 1/2 tank mark.) By the time I got to the end of the 12 mile stretch, I had no bars. Drifted into the gas station & pumped 11.984 gallons of gas. According to the documentation, the tank holds 12.3 gallons! I think that is close to qualifying as driving on fumes.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote