View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 07:04 AM   #122
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by avid-e-reader View Post
I tried mentally comparing my original .opf with the generated one, and there was no entry in the manifest for the cover image file. After adding one, then it regenerates fine. Would that indicate a problem in the kindlegen? I guess there is a newer one... but seems to be an omission from the .opf -- unless the newer one doesn't need the manifest entry.
As I said, you seem to be using an old version of Kindlegen. I'd suggest using the latest version, which I think is 1.2.

The opf from mobiunpack does not include the cover image in the manifest, but it does include it in the EmbeddedCover tag.

As far as I know, the cover image shouldn't be necessary in the manifest. In opf files for Mobpocket Creator it wasn't needed, and I think caused problems if it was there. Similarly images linked from the html weren't included in the manifest (& aren't included in the manifest by mobiunpack).

Since it works fine with Kindlegen 1.2, and we're trying to create input for Kindlegen, not valid ePub source, I don't intend changing this behaviour. You are free to do so yourself, of course.

[I see you're sorted. Message Lag.]

Last edited by pdurrant; 08-20-2011 at 07:05 AM. Reason: message lag
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote