View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 06:53 AM   #13
Sregener
Addict
Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_bisson View Post
I read somewhere that authors who sell their ebooks for 99 cents without the help of one of those big publishers actually make MORE money per book.
True, but a smaller slice of a bigger pie is better than a bigger slice of a smaller pie. Big publishers offer many services (marketing, editing, book design) that are costly to assemble by oneself. And the reality is that many writers aren't good at the business side of things. Every minute spent on technical details is a lost minute of writing.

I don't mind it that Kobo, Amazon, or Apple get a slice of the purchase price. I just think their slice is too high, and ultimately makes ebooks less economical that they should be.

My favorite eBook purchase was the ESV Study Bible for the Kindle. $10, when the cheapest print copy is $30, and it is a whole lot lighter and easier to carry in ebook form. Priced right, it was a no-brainer. But if it had been $25, I would have given serious thought to the dead tree version...
Sregener is offline   Reply With Quote