View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 01:06 AM   #10
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
I can only imagine how much sweat goes into making a video game. If it wasn't for DRM protection would there be motivation to create a quality product? Am I wrong here?
You are, actually. Practically none of the indie game developer use DRM, since they have limited budgets and have to prioritize what to spend money and time on. And unlike The Big Ones (Acti-Blizzard, EA, Ubisoft, Atari, Namco-Bandai), indie developers rarely make a profit, or even make it at all. They do it anyway, for the same reasons indie authors write.

And some of those indie developers by the way do very well in the end.